#100HAPPYDAYS, Days 21 -30

Welcome back to #100HAPPYDAYS!

Ten days ago we left off with Colin returning from camp, tired but happy, and us celebrating a friend's 50th birthday. Let's see what the next ten days brought:

Day 21 - Quality time skating, biking and enjoying ice cream. C also volunteered some information about their camp activities. Looks like he was part of the Bonsai group = the youngest participants. Every day for an hour they did something just within their group like carving, playing Guess-a-Sketch or hide and seek. The rest of the day the spent together with everybody else, hiking (too much for his liking), going to a pool with a cool water slide and setting a trap at night in hopes to catch a bad guy!





One of Colin's Summer Bucket List items was to go to the movies and watch Despicable Me 3 - that's what we did on Day 22. I thought it was pretty lame, but he liked it and so did the dozen other Minions sitting next to us!




Day 23 was a full office day, and a pretty dull one at that. We can definitely tell that most clients are on vacation. My highlight was that lady who called and asked a million questions about the payroll system that comes with the business software we distribute. Now payroll is not my favourite subject, and I am by far no expert, but I managed to actually help her which was pretty great!




My coworker told me about a nearby farm store (can you tell it's been slow at the office?) so on Day 24 Colin and I decided to check it out. We went by bike to make it a genuinely green experience. We first stopped at the wrong location which was an awful place. When we finally made it to the right farm we were overjoyed. What a world of difference! We purchased freshly picked berries, cherry tomatoes, carrots, you name it! On our way home we also stopped at this town's grocery store, and somehow my not even 9yo got me to purchase his very first teen magazine! 




Day 25 - running errands at the mall we walked past a newsstand that announced this week's Euromillion Jackpot: 63! He started daydreaming... what if I won? What would I even do with that much money? 
He figured he'd invest 20 millions in housing for homeless people. I was so touched. 
Celebrated with some donuts. I was only watching, can you believe it?




Well, I can tell you that much, I wasn't only watching when we went out for some Italian dinner on Day 26! Ordered a "Bella Italia Pizza" and wolfed it down all on my own!




My Dad's Baby Sister passed away last spring, and her boyfriend let us know that there was going to be a special memorial event when the time was right. That time was Day 27. We met at her boyfriend's parents' house and hiked to the nearby forest where my aunt used to walk her dog all the time. We scattered her ashes around the trunk of this oak. Down in the village church bells were ringing, very fitting. It was a peaceful moment, much less depressing than a church service. Also we had gotten the chance to recover from the shock with this memorial being so far apart from her actual deceasing. 




Day 28, time to catch up on my fitness goals. Even though I have reached my target weight, I still have to work hard at holding it! An ice cream here, a pizza or a small slice of cake there, you know how it goes. Well, as long as there are the aerobic / carrot stick days to make up for it...!




Monday, Day 29, was Colin's departure for hockey camp... Not happy about him leaving, but happy and proud because he managed to get to that point at all! Packed two large bags, one went to the ice stadium, one to their accommodation, the kids boarded the bus, and about 40 adults were standing there like "now what?". Well, some went to work, others took their other children to their activities. Me? Opted for some retail therapy and got myself the cute denim sneakers with the smiling face sticker. 




Long overdue closet cleanup on Day 30! I didn't plan it, it just happened, and the best part was, hubby parted with some of his sweaters as well! Created some space for future shopping! Unlike the boyscouts camp leaders, the hockey guys take pity in us parents and post a few pics a day so we can actually see what our players have been up to. Colin is the one in the blue jersey furthest on the left, he looks super exhausted.




These were my 21 - 30 out of #100HAPPYDAYS! Stay tuned for more! 


Daily posts on Instagram and Facebook. It's not too late for you to join, btw! It's fun, and it makes you think about the many things to be grateful for.

Comments