Sunshine Award

Happy New Year! And what a way to start it: Writer B is me gave me a Sunshine Award! 



The Rules: 


Display the award on your blog. Give 7 random facts about yourself. Answer the questions I had to answer. Then nominate any amount of bloggers you choose up to 11.


My 7 Facts:

I can do better. Here's my 9 facts about me post - just ignore 2 of them and we're good. Right? No? OK, let me start over. I will use the 7 days of the week to make it fun.

#1 - I was born on a Monday. It was snowing heavily, and no taxis were available for a long time. Not sure how my parents managed to get to the hospital in time, but they did! 



#2 - Back when I used to have time to watch TV - that would have been the late 90s - Tuesdays I headed home for my weekly appointment with Dr. Ross. 


#3 - This year January 1st was on a Wednesday. I like to watch the traditional New Year's Concert in Vienna. On Youtube in my PJs. I would not want to go there in person. It's a very formal event. 



#4 - Forth of July 1776 was a Thursday. OK, that's not a fact about me. But it was a Thursday when I arrived in the USA to live and work. Then I got annoyed waiting at immigration...



#5 - Friday night the three of us usually go out for dinner after a hard week's work. This picture was taken two years ago - when it wasn't a frequent thing yet and still reason to have our picture taken by Pasquale, the owner -  at our all time favorite Italian restaurant only 10 minutes from home. 



#6 - We got married on a Saturday almost 10 years ago. Man, did we look young back then! We celebrated in a 1000 year old castle with almost 100 guests.



#7 - We don't mind having no plans on a Sunday and just chill out at home catching up on reading or iPad games.



My Questions:

1. If you could go back in time ten years and tell yourself one thing, what would it be? 


There's more to life than your job. Stop and smell the freshly cut grass, the apple pie and the cinnamon scented candles!




2. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? 


Mint & Chocolate Chips


3. If you were to take me on a date, where would we go and why? 


As you and your friend Gwen are already doing the Tour de France I would invite you to a Tour de Suisse as well. We have beautiful sights, chocolate and cheesy foods.

         



        

There's just one thing, you would need to stay until September. That's when the hockey season starts around here. So after all the touristy things we were doing over the summer we could catch a game.





4. Above all else, what are you afraid of? 

Sickness and death of family and friends.




5. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? 


Quit my day job and finish writing my book. Publish it. 




6. What has been your favorite age to be and why? 


Looking back I regret that I didn't enjoy my childhood more. I always wanted to get older and do the grown-up things. Why??? I can't go back, so I can definitely say that I am enjoying the years since Colin was born the most.




7. Coffee or tea? 


Coffee. I only drink tea when I am sick. Or at the Chinese restaurant.







This is the Sunshine Award so I’ll follow Beth's idea to nominate bloggers who bring sunshine into my life with their fabulous writing:

Juicebox Confession

Baking in a Tornado

Menopausal Mom


The Rowdy Baker

Coach Daddy 

Comic Strip Mama 

Crazy meets Exhaustion 

FBX Adventures

A Cocktail a Day

Measurements of Love

Congratulations, Bloggers and a Happy New Year!


Comments